Simple Life, Simple Happiness: How to take charge of your life and love yourself
2020 has been the year of self-care with everyone needing to stay at home, it’s no wonder the person we spend the most time with is ourselves. Besides being bored in the house, many of us can actually take this chance to find out more about ourselves and also improve on our mental wellness. Here are some tips you can implement to learn to love yourself:
1. Have a self-loving mantra you can tell yourself throughout the day to get you going! Be it your favourite quote or just a funny phrase, use it as your default mental firewall so your mind doesn’t wander off to that nasty corner of negative thoughts!
2. Or if you’re more of a visual person, imagine your comfy corner or just the place you feel the most peaceful in! Be it a beautiful meadow with tons of greenery or just a small cozy room with a huge inviting beanbag to lay in, use this as your mental happy corner to keep your mind safe and happy from negative thoughts 24/7!
Image by Sabrina Brunton via Unsplash (https://unsplash.com/@sabrinasphotojournal)
3. Practice saying yes to things that are important to you and saying no to things you don’t want to do or don’t have to do. Priorities are important in life and being the main character in your own life, you decide your own actions. It's hard to do everything so it’s important to know when to say no. Only when you learn to say no, then you’ll learn how to truly be the master of your own time!
4. Be 100% responsible for all aspects of your life. You can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you respond to things! Instead of panicking and stressing over any unforeseen situations, repeat your mantra, calm down and face this situation with a clear mind! When the ocean of your thoughts are calm, you’ll be able to see the horizon ahead and sail to safety!
5. Ask for help when you feel stressed, overwhelmed, or anxious. It’s very important to know when and how to ask for help! Find someone you know you can rely on and will provide you with a listening ear and encouraging constructive advice. Sometimes, all you may need is just another perspective to look at things from!
With these tips, Wheniwasfour hopes that you can take charge of your life like the main character you are! Treat yourself like how you would treat others, with love and with respect.